The Office of Experiential Learning works directly with department chairs to help establish and support internship programs.
- Assess needs and support in establishing an internship program
- Receive instructions about what constitutes appropriate internship experiences for each degree program in that department.
- Deliver training to ensure that the internships meet safety and operational standards
- Manage the required forms and documentation for reporting and tracking to include Internship Agreements and evaluation forms.
- Recruit, vet, and maintain a list of interested internship employers for each departmental practicum. This list of departmental internship partners is called the departmental master list.
Assistance with the development of internship programs, including best practices, advice, curriculum support, and internship placement assistance.
Assistance with the development of internship opportunities and leads specific to each department. Internship opportunities are shared with the department though lists developed by the OEL Internship Program.
Updated information regarding the Standardized Online Internship Agreement which is powered by Salesforce. All performance evaluations are also online and accessible via SurveyMonkey.
The OEL Internship Program provides training for internship practicum instructors that outline support functions, options, recommended best practices and NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) guidelines regarding internships.